- About us
- Code of Conduct
- Google SoC
- Recent posts
- Security Workshops
We are excited to announce the latest chapter coming on Board, the United Arab Emirates Chapter, hosted and formed by aeCERT. This is the very first Chapter to be joining from the middle-east, we are very excited to have them on board and expect great things from them!
The Dionaea honeypot got more and more mature during the last weeks. As Markus blogged in Iteolih: Miles and More the software is now able to detect shellcode via libemu and generates a nice shellcode profile out of this.
The SMB / DCERPC implementation also got fairly mature and is now able to cope with all packet types and also most caveats and differences of implementations in exploits. As I registered more and more RPC vulnerabilities in the module, it was definitely time to give libemu something to eat! :) Read more »
Here is a brief introduction on Qebek, answering some questions.
We got a new milestone due:
An exploit taken from a public repository, run against the software, is detected and emulated.
To shorten things, basically all required points are hit with current svn.
So, given the time we just saved, some words about how it works. Read more »
I have finished almost all the coding stuff of Project #1, now you can try out the new PHoneyC with shellcode/heapspray detection here:
Please feel free to report any bug or suggestion on shellcode/heapspray detection to me. Read more »
Today I make a retrospection on my work on the Glastopf Web Honeypot during the Google Summer of Code Program. My goal was to push forward the development on a Honeypot for an attack vector in web security which is really underestimated in current discussions. The main objectives could be merged into one intention: Increasing our attractiveness and answering every request as close as possible to a real world system. This got achieved with the new PHP file parser and the dynamic Google dork list which we provide for the Google crawler. Read more »
Today I received a spam email from "Sicherheits-Center" ("security center") with subject "Vorsicht! Ihr Paypal-Konto wurde begrenzt!" ("Attention! Your paypal account has been restricted!"). Not only the subject but the whole message was in really bad German - I am sure everybody had the chance to delete similar spams and you know what they look like. The advertised link was already down and also already included in Google's "Safe Browsing" list of malicious URLs. But the message contained a piece of interesting information which I think is interesting. Read more »
Second milestone reached! Honeybrid has now all its functionalities working and it's time for testing. In order to check that everything works efficiently, I deployed a Windows honeypot to receive traffic from five /24 unused subnets during half an hour. Here are the details of this experiment.
Here is a overall diagram of the testing architecture:
The NATing gateway was configured with the following iptables rules: Read more »
I worked on the Front-End to make my interface more user-friendly, I don't detail every modifications, we can split them in three:
My code is under Honeynet Subversion so you can consult it if you're curious !
I also corrected a lot of bugs even if some of them are a bit persistent.... Read more »
Since my last update, I've separated the visualizations by IP address, along with adding a few cosmetic additions (lines to the next event in the height different experiment), although there's still a little bit of work to separate that visualization into different IPs. I've also added camera controls, the basic WSAD at the moment, so that a user can scroll up, down, left, and right, depending on how many host machines there are, as well as how many events there are. There was also some work on the backend as well, to make the files a little easier to read, as well as adding more commen Read more »